You have lots of data stored on your phone. Many of those data are useless, but some are very important, such as pics of your loved ones, important phone number, the upcoming events, important notes, etc. More than losing a phone most of the people are scared about losing data stored on their phone. So, backing up data is a good idea. SyncMate, Android File Transfer replacement, keeps all in sync, contacts, reminders, bookmarks, etc.
In simple words, SyncMate is Android File Transfer replacement and vice versa. With SyncMate, you can easily sync contacts, calendars, pics, videos, audio tracks on your Mac and Android, and also can view messages directly on Mac.
How to back up data from Android to Mac
- Download SyncMate Free edition, install it on your Mac and launch. “Backups” plugin is available in Expert edition only, so you will need to upgrade your Free version.
- Click ‘Add New’ link in the left panel, choose Android device and connect your phone or tablet to your Mac.
- Choose what data you want to sync and back up. Press “+” button in the top panel and choose “Contacts”, “Calendars”, “Reminders” or “Safari bookmarks” plugin/s. Set sync options for each plugin.
- Press “Sync” button – your data will be synced.
- Go to “My Mac” section in the left panel and choose “Backups” tab. Choose data you want to back up – contacts, calendars, reminders or Safari bookmarks. Once you press the Backup button, data on your Mac will be backed up. Once it is done, the file will appear in your Backups list. You can also enable automatic backup at the time of each sync session.
- If you want to restore any backup, select it in the list and press Restore button – data will appear on your Mac exactly as it was at the moment of backup. After this, you can sync data from Mac to Android.