Sure Signs That It’s Time for You to Call an Electrician


Written by:

Are you the proud owner of a brand new home, but you’re not quite sure how long it’s been since an electrician has checked the wiring in the home? Or perhaps you’ve been in the same house for 15 years, and you already know that it’s been entirely too long since you’ve had an electrician come to your home to make sure that everything is working as it should. If you’re unsure of whether you need to call an electrician, there are certain signs to look out for that are great indicators that it’s probably time that you have an electrician make a visit to your home. If it’s been a while since an electrician has been to your home, or you think you might need the assistance of one, keep reading to determine whether you should be making a phone call to an electrician as soon as possible.

Check the Circuit Breakers

Circuit breakers are used to control the electrical current going in and out of a home. Unless there is a power outage of some sort, you should never experience an outage because of the circuit breaker. If you begin to notice that your circuit breakers are constantly tripping, then you might want to call in an electrician as soon as possible. You might just have a faulty appliance plugged in somewhere in your home, but when it comes to electricity, it’s always better to be safe than sorry.

You Need New Light Fixtures

You don’t always need the help of an electrician to install new light fixtures. Typically, homeowners can do that type of work all by themselves, but if you want to get the following jobs done in your home make sure that you call a qualified electrician immediately:

  • You’ll have to call in an electrician to add a new wire to your circuit breaker if the amperage in your circuit isn’t high enough to power your new fixture.
  • If you have an older home that may not have the right insulation to support ceiling fans and light fixtures, you should probably have an electrician come out to install high-temperature insulation.

You’re Receiving Shocks

You should never receive a shock when touching an appliance or an outlet unless you’re foolishly messing with it. If you begin to notice that you receive a shock when you touch an existing appliance, a newly installed appliance, or an electrical outlet, then you could be dealing with poor wiring or a faulty appliance. If you’re in this type of situation, make sure to look for electrical services in Point Cook as soon as you possibly can.

Faulty electricity could potentially cause an extremely dangerous situation for you and your family. If you’re beginning to notice that your lights are flickering all of the time or that the circuit breakers are tripping, then you should call in the assistance of a qualified electrician as soon as possible. Your safety could be at risk, so there’s no time to wait. Call the professionals today.

Comments are closed.